Sunday, January 22, 2012

Newt Gingrich? I really don't understand you South Carolina...

    In a not so shocking move, South Carolinians have voted Newt Gingrich in as the candidate of choice in the GOP primary. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but your steadfast determination to live like a Third World country always astonishes me.To need to be pulled kicking and screaming from the antebellum South into the 21st Century is far beyond my ability to grasp. Sure you have your shrimp and grits,your pluff mud, and your history...but you are bound and determined to stay locked in the status quo as long as you can.

  Quite frankly though, you voted Nikki Haley into office and now you are howling for her blood... what did you expect then and what do you expect now voting for Newt Gingrich for president?  Maybe the education standards here will improve? Maybe the back breaking taxes imposed on you by Washington and the State of South Carolina will be eased? Maybe the worst unemployment rate in the country will start to see some improvement?

  I think not, but I do think just because you pride yourselves on being 'Southern' to the point of self-mutilation, you will happily live in the dark ages for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment